A Criminal Charge in Greensboro NC or Surrounding Counties Calls for a Strong North Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyer
When you are charged with a crime in North Carolina, your freedom and future are at stake. Regardless of whether you’re facing a misdemeanor or a felony, a conviction can have a ruinous effect on your life. Gambling with your defense in such cases can be a big mistake—working with a knowledgeable and confident lawyer is the best way to get the best chance of a positive outcome. In North Carolina, you can face a variety of misdemeanor and felony charges. Some of the most common criminal charges include:
- Drug crimes. North Carolina law considers not only drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, and heroine to be controlled dangerous substances, but the compounds used to manufacture them as well. Penalties for being found in possession of a controlled substance range from fines to prison sentences.
- DUI/DWI. In North Carolina, it’s prohibited to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or above. Consequences for violating this law can be grave, including prison time and license suspension.
- Domestic violence. Domestic violence occurs when violent acts are committed between two individuals who share a personal relationship. This could include causing or even simply inflicting fear of bodily injury. If you are convicted of domestic violence, you may be required to undergo rehabilitation programs and abide by a protective order in addition to serving prison time.
- Shoplifting or retail theft. Theft laws in North Carolina are relatively strict, making it so you can face charges without even leaving the store premises. A shoplifting charge can result in severe consequences, including prison time and life-long damage to your reputation.
- Probation violations. There are a variety of ways you can violate the terms of your probation, such as missing a meeting with your probation officer or leaving your state. If you are accused of violating probation, you can be charged with another crime and penalized with jail sentences and fines.
- Sex crimes. This is a blanket term that encompasses a variety of offenses, including indecent exposure and sexual assa t. In serious cases, individuals convicted of sex crimes can be sentenced to life imprisonment without parole.
- Weapons charges. While North Carolina recognizes your right to bear arms, you can face legal consequences for carrying a concealed firearm under a variety of circumstances. This includes carrying a weapon without having a license, carrying a weapon while intoxicated, or carrying a weapon in a school. If charged with this type of offense, you face lengthy jail time and hefty fines.
- Traffic violations. This term can cover a wide range of offenses, including speeding and driving without a license. Speeding tickets and traffic citations can costs hundreds of dollars and raise your insurance rates if left unchallenged.
As former district attorneys, the defense lawyers at Schlosser are uniquely equipped to defend criminal cases by anticipating the strategies the prosecution is likely to use. Whether you’re facing a simple speeding ticket or a felony sex crime charge, Michael Schlosser and his team can provide you the impartial legal counsel and representation you need.
Compassionate Representation by a Greensboro Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents can be devastating on your health, finances, and future well-being. If you have been injured in an accident due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical fees, time lost from work, and overall pain and suffering. While nothing can completely rectify the physical and emotional trauma of an accident, just compensation can help you and your family on your way to recovery. There are many different types of instances where victims may be entitled to significant settlements. Common examples of personal injury cases include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Spinal cord injury
- Trucking accidents
- Wrongful death
- Traumatic brain injury
- Slip and falls (premise liability)
Unfortunately, getting the compensation you deserve is not always easy or simple. If you or your loved one has been injured in an accident, enlisting the aid of a knowledgeable North Carolina personal injury lawyer will ensure your best chance of receiving just compensation. Schlosser & Pritchett employs some of the finest personal injury lawyers in the Greensboro area, with years of expertise and a proven track record of success. A skilled and compassionate lawyer from our team can take up the legal fight on your behalf, allowing you to focus your energy on you and your family’s recovery.